Thursday, March 22, 2012

My favorite place


      I picked Costa Rica as my favorite place,because I would really love to be able to visit there one day. I picked the picture of a Rhinoceros Beetle because it is just... so... AWESOME!!! Lol. Can you just picture yourself walking along the beach in Costa Rica,stepping into the forest,and finding yourself face to face with this beetle? Wow! It really was a hard decision,because of all the pictures of beautiful scenery, animals, and insects. So I'll just show you the great beetle picture while I tell you about the rest of this country. Imagine the sounds of all the brightly colored birds,the poison dart frogs (and other frogs),and the crocodiles and caimans. It would be a wonderful symphony of sounds. And that's not all. Think about the different species of monkeys and the sounds that they make. Then you could hike around and find some glorious waterfalls! Around the luxurious pools are black and green iguanas,sea turtles nesting on the beach,basilisks(lizards that can run across water...cool,huh?),and tons of other mammals and insects. Ever heard of a tayra? It's from the weasel family,but bigger around. And it's there too. Along with bats,which make up more than half the mammal species in Costa Rica. Blood sucking vampire bats(my favorite),are enjoying their meals here(heh heh). Basically,I want to see the waterfalls and scenery,but most of all,I want to go to Costa Rica for the wildlife!!!

4 comments:

  1. The wildlife sounds like my kind of adventure especially monkey's. This beetle is huge though it has became a popular one out their in Costa Rica I forget what it's known for but it is a popular bug compared to other animals. Great job Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking from the standpoint of someone who has been to Costa Rica, it is a beautiful country. Yes, lots of wildlife. Unfortunately the most poisonous snake is a very small one that curls up on a leaf - not much longer than a pencil - YUK. Poison dart frogs are cute - but don't touch! The beaches can be really pretty or really ugly - they don't have the protections that we have here in the US - so there can be trash everywhere. And...oh yea....don't drink the water!!! Even ice cubes can make you sick.

    My favorite part of Costa Rica is the food. I have learned to cook some of it when I was there from our host families. Yummy!

    I hope you get to go some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Thanks! I'd like to see that snake,just not up close and personal,lol. And I'll just say no to water and ice. lol

    ReplyDelete